ALU CHAIR - MULLER VAN SEVEREN
The aluminum frame of the chair shines bright while the colored back and seating give it that typical muller van severen aesthetic.
The alu chair was originally designed as an outdoor chair for Anne Holtrop’s Bahrain pavillion for the World Expo 2015 in Milan. Since it is made of aluminum, the chair is quite light and suited for both indoor and outdoor use, thanks to the treatment with beeswax and an uv protective lacquer. The aluminum frame of the chair shines bright while the colored back and seating give it that typical Muller Van Severen aesthetic. “Choosing the colors was hard for this chair." Fien says. “For the back and seating of the other chair we designed, we applied polyethylene, a material that is produced in a limited number of colors. These chairs are painted in a powder coating, meaning we could choose any color we wanted." In the end Muller Van Severen chose sixteen color combinations, which is a larger number than they usually work with. “This multiplicity of colors makes it look extra fun." Hannes explains. “You can actually create a landscape of colors." "The colors of the chair really determine the atmosphere of the space." Fien adds. “You can create a very playful or a rather serious environment."
Dimensions: 80 x 38 x 53 cm
- Lead times may be improved if stock is on hand from the manufacturer
- The option to air freight may be available and could improve lead times and will be quoted separately
- Lead times quoted are approximate
- Lead times quoted are based on delivery to the Sydney Warehouse
- Contact us to discuss particular requirements or questions. Enquire