The Filles du Facteur is a non-profit organization founded in 2008 by Delphine Kohler and a group of women friends, to help immigrant women. Their aim was to help them help themselves by providing them with work so they could achieve financial independence and access to health and education. Their particular focus was on the women from the impoverished African nation of Burkina Faso.
The seeds of the idea grew from the unique and colourful Facteur Céleste lifestyle boutique in Paris where like minds met and held workshops designed to find creative uses for recycled plastic bags as a way to elevate awareness of the environmental nightmare they posed. In 2007, Delphine Kohler became nomadic and embarked on a series of bridge-building projects linking women from France with those still living in Africa.
As of 2014, Burkina Faso remains one of the least developed countries in the world. Extreme poverty, literacy levels in the single digits and a fertility rate of 5.9 makes the plight of the women in that society a very tangible cause. To this end Delphine built a mud house in the village of Tiebele, in southern Burkina Faso and set up a workshop with the women of “her” village to crochet recycled plastic bags into a wonderful collection of baskets.
This enterprise is Facteur Celeste. In Africa, the ubiquitous black plastic bag has become a real plague for environment. The association works to eradicate pollution through this artistic recycling.
- FC ADISSA BOWL BASKET 22CM$98.00
- FC AWA BASKET 26 D X 30 CM H$165.00
- FC BIBATA BOWL 17D x 9 CM H$50.00
- FC BLACK CARPET 100 CM DIAM$165.00
- FC BLACK CARPET 70CM DIAM$115.00
- FC CLARI BOWL 16CM DIAM X 9 CM H$40.00Out of stock
- FC DERRA BASKET 26 D X 30H$165.00
- FC FATIMA BASKET 26CM D X 30CM H$165.00
- FC GILIGA CARPET 70 CM DIAM$323.00
- FC LEPRE CARPET 70CM DIAM$323.00
- FC OUMOU CARPET 70CM DIAM$220.00
- FC SASSI BASKET 26 D X 30 CM H$165.00
- FC WHITE DERRA BOWL$46.00 $12.00
Displaying 1 to 20 (of 20 products)
- You're currently reading page 1