At Spence & Lyda we strive on attracting, developing and rewarding the right people. As a creative business, we are always on the lookout for committed and intelligent people who are excited to be working in a dynamic and inspiring environment.
If you have a background in sales, interior design, lighting or high-end furniture and would like to be considered for any available positions in the future please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to keep it on record for future positions.
Current positions available:
- RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT ( CASUAL / PART-TIME ) – DESIGN INDUSTRY
This role will see you performing a variety of sales and sales support functions in our new retail showroom in Waterloo.
Working as part of the retail sales team your core responsibilities will be:
· To be the “Front of House” for the retail showroom – answering phone calls and email enquiries and greeting customers
· Providing sales assistance
· Arranging for order deliveries and customer pick ups with our logistics team
· Monitoring deliveries and providing stock updates to clients
· Managing stylist and trade loans
· Preparing and maintaining sales collateral, marketing material and consumables for the retail showroom
We are looking for a well presented, confident and outgoing person who builds quick rapport with clients. You will have a high attention to detail and love helping customers and your team to achieve great results. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, commercial acumen and an interest in design are a must. Previous sales experience in the furniture, homewares or related industry and a working knowledge of MYOB or similar are highly desirable.
Your Skills and Experience:
Min 2–3 years demonstrated experience in a sales role in the design industry.
Experience in a homewares, lighting or furniture environment will be HIGHLY REGARDED.
A background and keen interest in design – either interior design, product design or architecture
Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
Experience in Excel and MYOB or similar accounting software
Please note that this role involves weekend work.