MAPUCHE SET OF 3 PENDANT LAMPS - PET LAMP
The Mapuche collection is given shape and colour in Huentelolen, a small village in the heart of Aracaunia region, home of the native Mapuche people. It explores a 500-years-old weaving technique, the “ñocha” native fibre and a social community environment.
The local patterns, the dominant natural colour of the local fibre and the non-dense texture give us an idea about the high complexity of the material and reveal its wide range of possibilities. Nonetheless, the lamps acquire a robust and generous shape, as the vivid proof of the Mapuche people’s strong character, closely linked to the nature. As a finishing touch, all lamps are added a last wide vertical band which imprints them personality.
The Mapuche craftspeople share the same complex “coiled” basketry technique as the Ethiopian ones and imprint stitch by stitch their personal stories and dreams in each lamp of this collection.
Shown models are just samples.
Dimension single lamp: ø70 x H45 cm aprox.
- Lead times may be improved if stock is on hand from the manufacturer
- The option to air freight may be available and could improve lead times and will be quoted separately
- Lead times quoted are approximate
- Lead times quoted are based on delivery to the Sydney Warehouse
- Contact us to discuss particular requirements or questions. Enquire